Wishful Thinking is the first and only book of the Wishful Thinking series.
- 1 Summary
- 2 Chapters
- 2.1 Chapter 1: I Can Only Imagine
- 2.2 Chapter 2: On My Mind
- 2.3 Chapter 3: Thought Process
- 2.4 Chapter 4: Good Idea
- 2.5 Chapter 5: Don't Think Twice
- 2.6 Chapter 6: Mind Games
- 2.7 Chapter 7: Bright Idea
- 2.8 Chapter 8: Birdbrained
- 2.9 Chapter 9: Hold That Thought
- 2.10 Chapter 10: One-Track Mind
- 2.11 Chapter 11: It's Not What You Think
- 2.12 Chapter 12: Second Thoughts
- 2.13 Chapter 13: Mind Over Matter
- 2.14 Chapter 14: Think Again
- 3 Gallery
- 4 Promotional Videos
- 5 Spoilers
- 6 Trivia
- 7 References
You're an aspiring reporter, struggling to get ahead... until a shocking turn of events changes your life!
Chapter 1: I Can Only Imagine
You feel like your life is going nowhere... until a shocking turn of events changes everything.
Chapter 2: On My Mind
While adjusting to your new ability, you find yourself facing some unexpected opportunities.
Chapter 3: Thought Process
You're given a chance to prove yourself, but can you rise to the challenge?
Chapter 4: Good Idea
Jaime encourages you to try something different, and you take a risk at work.
Chapter 5: Don't Think Twice
You struggle to succeed on your next assignment as Alec throws you a curveball.
Chapter 6: Mind Games
Get ready to rub shoulders with Northbridge's elite at an exclusive event! Can you hold your own among the rich and powerful?
Chapter 7: Bright Idea
After catastrophe strikes the studio, a shocking secret is revealed.
Chapter 8: Birdbrained
After angering Alec, you're stuck with a difficult assignment.
Chapter 9: Hold That Thought
Emotions run high when disaster and good fortune strike on the same day.
Chapter 10: One-Track Mind
Anna comes to you with a confession that could change everything.
Chapter 11: It's Not What You Think
A personal tragedy throws your plans into chaos.
Chapter 12: Second Thoughts
Help comes from an unlikely source, and you unearth a groundbreaking story.
Chapter 13: Mind Over Matter
You develop a plan, but convincing others to help you proves to be its own challenge.
Chapter 14: Think Again
You prepare to bring the truth to light even if it means risking everything you've worked for.
Pre-Book Sneak Peeks & Information
- On February 22, 2019, PB revealed that they have a new book coming out in Spring 2019 and gave us a short book summary for it, some early cover art and a name reveal too!
- On February 27, 2019, similar to the way in which Deanest found the Nighbound book covers, Silvrowl12 discovered that the same happened for this book as the covers were already available to view. Similarly, in order to see these, go to the Choices official Instagram. Hit the three dots in the top right corner, then hit "More About This Account", then select "Active Ads" on the menu that pops up. If you scroll, you'll see the ads themselves.
- On March 6, 2019, PB revealed during the Reddit AMA that in this book, you will only be able to play as a female. Their full response is above in the Miscellaneous section of the gallery.
- On March 14, 2019, PB teased players to be on the look out for sneak peeks regarding this book and Nightbound.
- On April 2, 2019, PB released a trailer for this book and along with it came the confirmation that this book will premiere on Monday April 15, 2019.
- On April 4, 2019, PB released a promotion, asking players who they would bake cookies for and to be on the look out for the book, including a sneak peek at a character named Jaime.
- On April 5, 2019, the description for Chapter One was released.
- On April 8, 2019, PB released a second sneak peek featuring two characters named Anna and Ellen.
- On April 9, 2019, in their first ever Choices Insiders newsletter, PB gave more information for this book.
- On April 10, 2019, PB released a sneak peek for a character by the name of Aubrey.
- On April 12, 2019, PB released a blog post about the book ahead of the books' release on April 15th.
- Our MC is trying to fill her dream of being a reporter, but when an accident gives her mind-reading abilities, she discovers what it can mean for her life and her career.
- Most of us have wondered what others were thinking at one point or another. This story will cover the pros and cons of that aspect. At its heart, the book is about being confident in your own skin, but there are plenty of laughs (and love) along the way.
- According to Saran, this story is a romcom, but there are also elements of magic realism mixed in. The writers wanted to make some scenes more absurd while making other scenes more tender. They’re hoping there’s something for everyone.
- The writers addressed the Emu in the room: Why there are so many Emus on the cover.
- Saran admitted to being a wildlife enthusiast but confirmed that the story is not set in Australia. They couldn’t tell a lot about the Emus without spoiling the plot, but they made it clear we’ll tackle some pretty wild stories.
- Shayn stated that the intended direction for the story is to be a quirky romantic comedy with a dash of magic and mystery.
- Saran had a great time coming up with the wacky news stories for us to investigate. They also said that writing the scenes with Emus have been the highlight of their career, or possibly their entire life.
- When asked, each of the writers talked about what they would do if they had psychic abilities: Saran would figure out why her roommate’s cats are meowing at 2 AM. Shayn would learn martial arts, become a Superhero, and save the world. John would talk to plants. Kathleen wants to say she would fight crime, but she would make sure every dog knew how good they were instead.
- On April 26, 2019, PB hosted an IG livestream and shared some information regarding Wishful Thinking:
- We will have more opportunities to read animal minds and the emus will be explained.
- We could meet someone else with the ability to read minds.
- MC can’t control whose thoughts she can hear.
- On May 24, 2019, PB released a sneak peek for Chapter 8.
- On June 14, 2019, PB released a sneak peek for Chapter 11.
- On June 29, 2019, PB released a sneak peek for Chapter 13.
- On July 6, 2019, PB released a sneak peek for Chapter 14 and also confirmed that this chapter would be this book's finale.
- On July 7, 2019, PB confirmed via Twitter that this book is a standalone.
- On August 16, 2020, PB shared a 'find the differences' game featuring this book's cover.
- On August 16, one day before the 4th anniversary of Choices, PB posted a 'find the differences' game with this book's cover.
- The titles of the chapters all follow a particular theme; they are all related to the mind or to thinking.
- Chapter 1 issues a warning on flashing lights for players with photosensitive epilepsy.
- In Chapter 8, you meet the founder of PETE (Person for the Ethical Treatment of Emus), which is a reference to PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals), an animal rights organization.
- In the same chapter, Aubrey makes a reference to The Lion King when he says he wasn't about to let the MC "get Mufasa'd by a flock of giant birds".
- In Chapter 13, Jaime is able to compare Your Character to Lara Croft.
- This is one of the 24 standalone books in Choices. These are A Courtesan of Rome, Across the Void, Bachelorette Party, Distant Shores, Foreign Affairs, Hero, Home for the Holidays, Hot Couture, My Two First Loves, Most Wanted, Nightbound, Passport to Romance, Platinum, Ride-or-Die, Rising Tides, Save the Date, Sunkissed, The Haunting of Braidwood Manor, The Heist: Monaco, The Royal Masquerade, Veil of Secrets, Wishful Thinking, With Every Heartbeat and Witness: A Bodyguard Romance.
- This is the first book with exactly 14 chapters.
Click here for the walkthrough of this book: Wishful Thinking Choices.