The Unexpected Heiress is the first and thus far only book of the The Unexpected Heiress series.
- 1 Summary
- 2 Chapters
- 2.1 Chapter 1: Windcroft Manor
- 2.2 Chapter 2: Blood Relatives
- 2.3 Chapter 3: Lay of the Land
- 2.4 Chapter 4: Roses & Thorns
- 2.5 Chapter 5: Without a Trace
- 2.6 Chapter 6: A Sordid Affair
- 2.7 Chapter 7: Belle of the Ball
- 2.8 Chapter 8: The Chase
- 2.9 Chapter 9: The Cause
- 2.10 Chapter 10: Power Play
- 2.11 Chapter 11: Upper Echelon
- 2.12 Chapter 12: The Hunter and the Prey
- 2.13 Chapter 13: Raising the Stakes
- 2.14 Chapter 14: Buried Truths
- 2.15 Chapter 15: Reckoning
- 2.16 Chapter 16: The Bride
- 3 Gameplay Features
- 4 Gallery
- 5 Promotional Videos
- 6 Spoilers
- 7 Trivia
- 8 References
Travel back to the year 1913 as the daughter of an American, new money family. When you receive sudden news of your older sister's passing, you're whisked away to England to take her place in marriage. Will forbidden love catch you unawares... and will you be able to unravel the mystery of your sister's death?
Chapter 1: Windcroft Manor
In 1913, you're sent off to England to become a viscountess. Will forbidden love catch you unawares... and will you be able to solve a deadly mystery?
Chapter 2: Blood Relatives
It's time to meet the matriarchs and patriarchs of the Somerset family. Will you be able to impress them... and uncover their secrets?
Chapter 3: Lay of the Land
Chapter 4: Roses & Thorns
You ready yourself to meet wider society at the dowager's garden party... but what grudges and agendas lie beneath the smiles and decorum?
Chapter 5: Without a Trace
You snoop around town in an attempt to discover Amelia's whereabouts when sneaking out late at night...
Chapter 6: A Sordid Affair
You head into London to retrace Amelia's steps, when they lead you to the most unusual place...
Chapter 7: Belle of the Ball
At a lavish ball, you search for the mystery man. Meanwhile, all eyes are on you as Francis's betrothed... but where does your heart really lie?
Chapter 8: The Chase
You set off hot on the heels of your primary suspect. What twists and turns will you find along the way?
Chapter 9: The Cause
You pay a visit to your boisterous and eccentric Aunt Maude. What does she know about Amelia's double life?
Chapter 10: Power Play
You venture into the hidden areas of London and a glamorous debutante ball to track down a powerful figure...
Chapter 11: Upper Echelon
You're on unfamiliar turf when you attempt to prove your mettle at a cricket match within a powerful inner circle...
Chapter 12: The Hunter and the Prey
Chapter 13: Raising the Stakes
If they want to play mind games, then mind games you will play...
Chapter 14: Buried Truths
As your long weekend at Barrington draws to a close, new truths come to light. But time is still running out...
Chapter 15: Reckoning
With the mystery solved, you turn your focus to escaping from your arranged marriage. Will you be able to be with the one you truly love?
Chapter 16: The Bride
It's time to face your fate.
Throughout the book, you will have the opportunity to collect shards to see special flashbacks, piece together what happened to your sister, and unlock an exclusive finale scene.
Pre-Book Sneak Peeks & Information
- On June 5, 2020, in the June 2020 edition of Choices Insiders, this book is hinted as one of the upcoming books to be released in summer 2020.
- On July 10, 2020, in the July 2020 Choices Insider email, PB confirmed the book to have a July release and will be a VIP book.
- On July 14, 2020, PB released a teaser video for the book.
- On July 16, 2020, PB released another teaser video for the book along with the release date being Wednesday July 22nd. 
- On July 18, 2020, PB released a sneak peek featuring John.
- On July 19, 2020, PB released a sneak peek featuring Gemma.
- On July 20, 2020, PB released a sneak peek featuring Hugh.
- On July 21, 2020, PB released a sneak peek featuring the estate's assistants.
- On the same day, PB released another sneak peek featuring a letter in their blogpost.
- On July 24, 2020, PB writer Kara revealed some of the staff behind the book.
- On April 2, 2021, PB confirmed the book will release to general players later this year.
- In the July 2021 Choices Insiders e-mail, PB confirmed the book will release to general players in August.
- On August 11, 2021, the general release date is revealed in-app to be August 20.
- On the same day, they added two hairstyles for your character.
- On August 19, 2021, PB released a sneak peek for Chapter 1.
- On September 9, 2021, PB released a sneak peek for Chapter 4.
- On September 23, 2021, PB released a sneak peek for Chapter 6.
- On October 14, 2021, PB released a sneak peek for Chapter 9.
- The loading screen facts are as follows:
- Post-Edwardian society was marked by increasing modernization.
- Rich American heiresses were often matched with bankrupt British nobility.
- Women's suffrage gained momentum during the interwar period of 1918-1939.
- In 1901, there were 1.5 million domestic servants in Britain.
- The Industrial Revolution (1760-1840) led to the rise of the middle class.
- The Great War (1914-1918) forever changed the institution of the peerage.
- In A Very Scandalous Proposal, Simon/Ava Montjoy mentions to Your Character (A Very Scandalous Proposal) that there is precedence of his/her family marrying outside of peerage. Simon/Ava brings up an "American heiress" in the family's past.
- In The Unexpected Heiress, there are three playable characters: Your Character, Amelia Hayes, and Effie Ainsley.
- Chapter 15 shares the same title as Perfect Match, Book 2, Chapter 15, "Reckoning".
Click here for the walkthrough of this book: The Unexpected Heiress Choices.