Rules of Engagement, Book 1 is the first book of the Rules of Engagement series. It is followed by Rules of Engagement, Book 2, Rules of Engagement, Book 3, and a spin-off, Rules of Engagement: Newlyweds.
- 1 Summary
- 2 Chapters
- 2.1 Chapter 1: The Heiress
- 2.2 Chapter 2: Wine and Mixers
- 2.3 Chapter 3: Date with Destiny
- 2.4 Chapter 4: Dirty Work
- 2.5 Chapter 5: Song and Dance
- 2.6 Chapter 6: One Day in Athens
- 2.7 Chapter 7: Sweet Sixteen
- 2.8 Chapter 8: Out of Time
- 2.9 Chapter 9: Two Truths and a Lie
- 2.10 Chapter 10: Training Day
- 2.11 Chapter 11: Under Fire
- 2.12 Chapter 12: New Heights
- 2.13 Chapter 13: On the Spot
- 2.14 Chapter 14: Pressure Point
- 2.15 Chapter 15: Greek Getaway
- 2.16 Chapter 16: Seeing Red
- 2.17 Chapter 17: VIP
- 2.18 Chapter 18: Last Call
- 2.19 Chapter 19: The Morning After
- 3 Gallery
- 4 Spoilers
- 5 Trivia
- 6 References
Your summer on a luxurious tour of Europe takes a wild turn when you learn you're in line for a multi-million dollar inheritance! There's only one catch... you need to get married by the end of the summer!
Chapter 1: The Heiress
Can you find love by the end of summer?
Chapter 2: Wine and Mixers
You and your siblings are on your way to inherit millions... but first, you'll have to survive an evening of speed dating!
Chapter 3: Date with Destiny
Will sparks fly on your date in Venice?
Chapter 4: Dirty Work
Chapter 5: Song and Dance
Chapter 6: One Day in Athens
You have one day in Athens... will you find love?
Chapter 7: Sweet Sixteen
In order to keep her job, your sister is forced to throw a sweet sixteen party for a spoiled brat!
Chapter 8: Out of Time
Chapter 9: Two Truths and a Lie
Can your brother's fake girlfriend convince the family?
Chapter 10: Training Day
Will your brother's fake story hold up? Meanwhile, your sister gets an opportunity to prove herself at her job.
Chapter 11: Under Fire
Your sister struggles to keep her job while you get asked out on another date!
Chapter 12: New Heights
Your sister tackles the next adventure on her list with her new partner in crime, when an unmissable opportunity arises.
Chapter 13: On the Spot
Your sister starts her interview while your Paris date heats up!
Chapter 14: Pressure Point
Sparks fly as your brother and Elena get to know each other on couples massage night... Meanwhile, a suitor invites you on another adventure!
Chapter 15: Greek Getaway
Things heat up between you and your date in sunny Santorini.
Chapter 16: Seeing Red
You and your date get into a scuffle with the police in Santorini, while your sister decides whether to put her career at risk for Audrey!
Chapter 17: VIP
On a quiet Friday evening, you and a certain bartender decide to go out for a night on the town!
Chapter 18: Last Call
You and your siblings' relationships are tested at the Captain's Ball!
Chapter 19: The Morning After
In the Epilogue for Book 1, truths come to light the morning after the Captain's Ball.
- The three sisters are based on the personalities of Jennifer, one of the workers at Pixelberry. She's part sweet, part nerd, and part party-girl as stated in the blog for this book. 
- In September 2019, more than 2 1/2 years after its full release, players first noticed some changes were made to several chapters of this book: some new premium scenes have been added and some existing ones extended.
- The player gets to name and play as all of the siblings in the series.
- The player also gets to name the Cousin, Aunt and all of the suitors of the series.
- Chapter 12, 14, and 15 were delayed, and released on Thursdays.
- The series takes place in the same era as most of Choices' other series.
- With 19 chapters, this used to be the second longest book in the game, along with The Royal Romance, Book 1 and The Royal Romance, Book 2. The second is Rules of Engagement, Book 2 with 21 chapters, and the first were The Royal Romance, Book 3 and Across the Void with 22 chapters. Both Witness: A Bodyguard Romance and My Two First Loves surpassed this, with 28 and 100 chapters, respectively.
- In Chapter 11, the at-the-time unreleased Endless Summer, Book 1 is inconspicuously referenced by the Bookish Sister, who tells the main character to hurry and tell the Business Guy about her task, as there is no such thing as an "endless summer".
- Party-Girl Sister also made a reference to Fifty Shades of Grey.
- In Chapter 13, during the interview with Blaire Hall, several references can be found, depending on the options you pick:
- You can choose Bookish Sister to say that she would like to interview Marie Curie.
- Alternatively, you can choose to say she wants to find clues on how she ended up in 19th century Warsaw. Bookish Sister will then talk about traveling through time and say that they should be "careful about just handing out DeLoreans", the car used for time travel in Back to the Future.
- You can choose to let her talk about Jedi and Sith from Star Wars as the two types of people. Blaire will then get the terms for the two sides of the Force wrong and tell her "May the Force stay somewhere in your vicinity, and all that".
- Right after the interview, Audrey mentions Where's Waldo.
- Chad, a character from the Most Wanted series, makes a cameo appearance in this book.
- Edgar, Tripp and Madison, characters from "The Freshman" series, make cameo appearances in this book.
- On September 22, 2018, it was revealed that all of the Rules of Engagement books received a redesign in the thumbnails of their book covers in the Choices App.
- This book has the shortest chapter title in Choices, as Chapter 17, "VIP".
Click here for the walkthrough of this book: Rules of Engagement, Book 1 Choices.