Rising Tides is the first and only book of the Rising Tides series.
- 1 Summary
- 2 Chapters
- 2.1 Chapter 1: High and Dry
- 2.2 Chapter 2: Fish Out Of Water
- 2.3 Chapter 3: Rock The Boat
- 2.4 Chapter 4: Head Above Water
- 2.5 Chapter 5: Making Waves
- 2.6 Chapter 6: Drop In The Ocean
- 2.7 Chapter 7: Sink Or Swim
- 2.8 Chapter 8: Sailing Close To The Wind
- 2.9 Chapter 9: Sea Change
- 2.10 Chapter 10: In Deep
- 2.11 Chapter 11: Hell or High Water
- 2.12 Chapter 12: Turn The Tide
- 3 Gallery
- 4 Promotional Videos
- 5 Spoilers
- 6 Trivia
- 7 References
You and your activist-minded sister try to raise awareness about climate change and end up going toe to toe with a large corporation whose practices are damaging the environment–you find yourself unintentionally cast as the face of an eco-activist movement.
Chapter 1: High and Dry
When a natural disaster hits your town, your sister insists it's related to climate change. But will the town listen?
Chapter 2: Fish Out Of Water
The beach cleanup turns unexpectedly dramatic, and you meet a mysterious stranger.
Chapter 3: Rock The Boat
Charlie pushes to make her voice heard, but not everyone agrees with her ideas--and it might get her in trouble.
Chapter 4: Head Above Water
In light of disappointing news, you help Charlie find a new way to spread her message.
Chapter 5: Making Waves
Charlie's initiative gains traction, but she encounters pushback from an unexpected source.
Chapter 6: Drop In The Ocean
As you and Charlie begin campaigning in earnest, both Robin and Charlie run into some serious setbacks.
Chapter 7: Sink Or Swim
You make a difficult decision... and suffer the consequences.
Chapter 8: Sailing Close To The Wind
After a shocking escalation, you turn to the only person you think might be able to help -- Cassidy.
Chapter 9: Sea Change
A major revelation changes everything, and you and Charlie find a way to redeem yourselves in the public eye.
Chapter 10: In Deep
In the wake of a personal tragedy, the community comes together in your time of need.
Chapter 11: Hell or High Water
You make one last stand to protect your town and your family... Will it be enough?
Chapter 12: Turn The Tide
You reflect on your actions and prepare for the future.
Pre-Book Sneak Peeks & Information
- On May 9, 2020, PB revealed in a blogpost that they have a small dedicated team working on a Climate Change project.
- Prior to the introduction of the book, it has been revealed as one of the projects of UNEP.
- On August 19, 2020, PB revealed they are part of the "Green Mobile Game Jam" project and gave further information regarding the book.
- On September 11, 2020, PB posted eco-friendly ideas in anticipation of this book.
- On September 18, 2020, PB posted more eco-friendly ideas.
- On October 9, 2020, PB posted the third eco-friendly ideas.
- On October 15, 2020, PB released a teaser video.
- On October 21, 2020, PB released a trailer video along with the release date being October 28th.
- Later that day, they posted the description for Chapter 1.
- On October 23, 2020, PB released a sneak peek featuring a version of your character and your little sister, Charlie.
- On October 24, 2020, International Day of Climate Action, PB released a sneak peek featuring sea animals.
- On October 25, 2020, PB released a sneak peek featuring Robin.
- On October 26, 2020, PB released a sneak peek featuring Cassidy.
- On October 27, 2020, PB released a blog post about the book.
- On November 3, 2020, PB released a sneak peek for Chapter 3.
- On November 10, 2020, PB released a sneak peek for Chapter 4.
- On November 17, 2020, PB released a sneak peek for Chapter 5.
- On November 24, 2020, PB released a sneak peek for Chapter 6.
- On December 1, 2020, PB released a sneak peek for Chapter 7.
- On December 8, 2020, PB released a sneak peek for Chapter 8.
- On December 15, 2020, PB released a sneak peek for Chapter 9.
- On December 22, 2020, PB released a sneak peek for Chapter 10.
- On December 29, 2020, PB released a sneak peek for Chapter 11.
- On January 4, 2021, PB confirmed Chapter 12 is the series finale of Rising Tides, thus confirming the book to be a standalone.
- On January 5, 2021, PB released a sneak peek for Chapter 12.
- On January 29, 2021, the 2020 Annual Impact Report of Global Game Jam became available.
- Mentions and references in Chapter 4 include "Eternally 22" (a spoof on "Forever 21").
- Chapter 3 shares the same title as Endless Summer, Book 1, Chapter 11, "Rock the Boat".
- Cedarport is located in the state of Massachusetts.
- Chapter 5 shares the same title as The Royal Heir, Book 3, Chapter 2, "Making Waves".
- Chapter 7 shares the same title as It Lives Beneath, Chapter 15, "Sink or Swim".
- The chapter also issues a warning regards bullying and harassment, and images that may be disturbing to the players.
- Chapter 11 shares the same title as Most Wanted, Book 1, Chapter 8 and It Lives Beneath, Chapter 13, "Hell or High Water".
- This is the second book with exactly 12 chapters after Endless Summer, Book 3.
- This is one of the books where chapter titles have a specific theme. In Rising Tides, they all have something to do with water, sharing this theme with It Lives Beneath.
- This is one of the 24 standalone books in Choices. These are A Courtesan of Rome, Across the Void, Bachelorette Party, Distant Shores, Foreign Affairs, Hero, Home for the Holidays, Hot Couture, My Two First Loves, Most Wanted, Nightbound, Passport to Romance, Platinum, Ride-or-Die, Rising Tides, Save the Date, Sunkissed, The Haunting of Braidwood Manor, The Heist: Monaco, The Royal Masquerade, Veil of Secrets, Wishful Thinking, With Every Heartbeat and Witness: A Bodyguard Romance.
Click here for the walkthrough of this book: Rising Tides Choices.