Platinum is the first and only book of the Platinum series.
- 1 Summary
- 2 Chapters
- 2.1 Chapter 1: Stars In Your Eyes
- 2.2 Chapter 2: Headlines
- 2.3 Chapter 3: Lift Me Up
- 2.4 Chapter 4: On Fire
- 2.5 Chapter 5: Pack Your Bags
- 2.6 Chapter 6: Knockout
- 2.7 Chapter 7: Can't Stop
- 2.8 Chapter 8: Down To The Wire
- 2.9 Chapter 9: Famous
- 2.10 Chapter 10: Hurricane
- 2.11 Chapter 11: Why Do I
- 2.12 Chapter 12: Crossfire
- 2.13 Chapter 13: How To Start Again
- 2.14 Chapter 14: On The Horizon
- 2.15 Chapter 15: Fly Higher
- 2.16 Chapter 16: Who I'll Be
- 3 Gameplay Features
- 4 Gallery
- 5 Promotional Videos
- 6 Songs Featured
- 7 Spoilers
- 8 Trivia
- 9 References
Sing your heart out on your path to fame!
Chapter 1: Stars In Your Eyes
Chapter 2: Headlines
You head to the city to audition live in front of Avery Wilshere, along with ten thousand other hopefuls. No pressure, right?
Chapter 3: Lift Me Up
You prep for the final audition on national TV with Avery's mentorship. But will your competition steal America's heart?
Chapter 4: On Fire
It's your time to shine on live television! But when a surprise derails your plans, will you be bold enough to take the riskier path?
Chapter 5: Pack Your Bags
You begin your new life in New York City! Are you ready to have the world's eyes on you?
Chapter 6: Knockout
You're on set for your first ever music video! But who will be the lucky romantic lead?
Chapter 7: Can't Stop
You brace yourself for the interview that could make or break your career... all while keeping appearances at a swanky charity fundraiser.
Chapter 8: Down To The Wire
It's time for your biggest show yet, opening for Avery Wilshere at Madison Square Garden! Do you have what it takes?
Chapter 9: Famous
Your album is finally out in the world! At the biggest release party of the year, find out if you can not only sing music, but talk business.
Chapter 10: Hurricane
You just received the gig of a lifetime... being the musical guest on Last Call! Meanwhile, you act as Zadie's backup for a personal dilemma.
Chapter 11: Why Do I
No one can do everything... Between attending the glamorous MoDa Gala and supporting your friend at a film festival... What will you choose?
Chapter 12: Crossfire
You're performing at the most prestigious music awards ceremony... the Vinyls! But will you get blindsided by what the show has in store?
Chapter 13: How To Start Again
You're back to square one. Will you bounce back from this defeat... or will this be your curtain call?
Chapter 14: On The Horizon
Can you make a comeback to clear your reputation and wow the world?
Chapter 15: Fly Higher
Will you be able to sneak into one of the largest music festivals in the world?
Chapter 16: Who I'll Be
Series Finale: Everything has been leading up to this moment. Can you share your voice with the world on the headlining stage?
Certain choices will define your reputation as a performer. But be careful. Your decisions can gain or lose fans... and can make or break your career.
Throughout the Book, you can collect unique guitars and change instruments before performances!
Pre-Book Sneak Peeks & Information
- On March 22, 2019, PB revealed that this book was one of the ones they were going to launch during Summer 2019.
- Also on this day, Peyton, one of the writers PB has on a contract basis, gave away several spoilers ahead of the book's release, such as:
- You get to play as an aspiring pop star struggling to stay true to yourself in the swirling, soul-sucking vortex that is the major label system.
- The script is as gay as Peyton could possibly make it and went onto clarify that he was going to actually go out on a limb and say this is the gayest game (i.e. book) ever released by Choices!
- PB let him get away with referencing both 1 Trait Danger and Tim Schenectady.
- Also a major character from Platinum has already been referenced in a past Choices book… 👀 
- When asked just how gay this book might be, Peyton replied that it's even gayer than The Heist: Monaco, and he expects that people will be very, very happy.
- The major character referenced in a previous book turned out to be Avery Wilshere who was mentioned in The Senior, but only if the main character of said series is dating Kaitlyn.
- On March 25, 2019, it was officially confirmed that both this book and Sunkissed will be gender locked. 
- On April 9, 2019, PB released their first Choices Insiders Newsletter including a thumbnail cover art for this book. 
- On April 19, 2019, similar to Deanest, a reddit user on the Reddit Choices group, DisturbedDeaddMan, a wikia user here, pointed out that the book covers for this book were already available to view. However, in order to see these, go to the Choices official Instagram. Hit the three dots in the top right corner, then hit "More About This Account", then select "Active Ads" on the menu that pops up. If you scroll, you'll see the ads themselves. 
- Based on the black/white cover, it seemed that the writers for this book drew heavily from the 2018 film, A Star is Born.
- On May 3, 2019, in the May edition of Choices Insiders, PB released the information that the book would be released sometime in May 2019. They also teased sneak peeks coming "very, very soon".
- On May 8, 2019, it was revealed by a reddit user to Fearless Diva that Peyton, the same guy behind this book, also wrote Bachelorette Party.
- On May 9, 2019, PB released a teaser trailer for this book.
- On May 13, 2019, PB released a second trailer along with the official release date being Thursday May 30, 2019.
- Later, in response to a player, PB confirmed that this will be a Thursday book, making it the second book to be released on Thursday, the other being High School Story, Book 1.
- On the same day, Daniel Shvarts, the Music Producer at PB, confirmed that he has been working for long on the soundtrack for this book
- On May 15, 2019, PB released a sneak peek featuring a character named Avery Wilshire.
- On May 21, 2019, PB released a sneak peek featuring a character named Raleigh Carrera.
- On May 22, 2019, PB released the description for Chapter 1.
- On May 23, 2019, PB released a third sneak peek.
- On May 28, 2019, PB released a fourth sneak peek featuring a poster saying "One in a Million" with two characters on it.
- On May 30, 2019, PB released the official cover for the book. 
- On June 26, 2019, PB released a peek for Chapter 6.
- On July 3, 2019, PB released a sneak peek for Chapter 7.
- On July 10, 2019, PB released a sneak peek for Chapter 8.
- On July 31, 2019, PB released a sneak peek for Chapter 11.
- On August 1, 2019, PB announced a mid-season break and told players to stay tuned for more news in the coming weeks.
- On August 7, 2019, PB announced that Platinum will return on August 22nd and they released a blogpost on the making of Platinum, including a sneak peek of Chapter 12.
- On August 21, 2019, PB released the second sneak peek of Chapter 12.
- On September 4, 2019, PB released a sneak peek for Chapter 14.
- The description for Chapter 16 says "Series Finale", confirming that this is a standalone book.
- On September 18, 2019, PB released a sneak peek for Chapter 16.
- On September 30, 2019, PB confirmed again that it's a standalone book and stated that they are currently working on putting the soundtrack on Spotify.
- This book contains several references to pop culture and real programs.
- In Chapter 1, Shane makes a reference to the widely-used Hollywood screenwriting program, Final Draft, when jokingly telling Your Character that they typed up a pep talk for them using the program.
- In Chapter 4, if you choose to say "We're in this together", Zadie will understand it as a reference to the song "We're All in This Together" from the Disney Channel Original movie, High School Musical.
- It is mentioned throughout the book that Micah Okoye has worked with several real artists such as Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Ariana (Grande) and Halsey.
- Chapter 8 makes several references to famous musical artists, including Sia, Britney Spears, Kesha, and Rihanna.
- Micah's alias Ozone leads to a comment from Stepback Three in Chapter 9, saying that he was expecting a trio of adults, which is a reference to the band O-Zone.
- Chapter 10 includes references to Dua Lipa, the Juilliard school, the Boston Symphony Orchestra, and fashion labels like Hublot and Saint Laurent. Josh Morello makes a cameo appearance and Your Character mentions his work with Teja Desai to him.
- It is mentioned that Raleigh's old band, Sunset Skatepark, was bigger than One Direction.
- It's also mentioned that the guitar he/she gives the player in premium choice was a birthday gift from Prince.
- Chapter 8 has a two month time skip.
- This is one of the 16 standalone books in Choices. These are A Courtesan of Rome, Across the Void, Bachelorette Party, Distant Shores, Home for the Holidays, Nightbound, Passport to Romance, Platinum, Save the Date, Sunkissed, The Haunting of Braidwood Manor, The Heist: Monaco, The Royal Masquerade, Veil of Secrets, Wishful Thinking, and Witness: A Bodyguard Romance.
- Starting from this book, the words "Series Finale" appear in the description of the final chapter of the book if it's also the final chapter in the series as a whole, or if the book is a standalone.
Click here for the walkthrough of this book: Platinum Choices.