This page is dedicated to the rules and laws that apply on the Choices: Stories You Play Fandom.
While some rules are subject to interpretation and have broader gray areas than others, please keep in mind that there is a reasonable limit of what may be tolerated.
"Not knowing the rules" is not an excuse for breaking them. If you are warned for breaking rules, "I didn't know" is not an excuse. All users must read these at your own discretion.
1. If you are under 13 years of age, you fall under the US “COPPA” law (Children Online Privacy Protection Act). As such, you will be banned for the amount of time until you reach the age of 13 (for example, two years if you are 11 years old). Under Fandom's Term of Use, you must be 16 years or older if you reside in California and the EEA (excluding the UK) or you must be 13 years or older if you reside in the rest of the world (including the UK).
2. Users shall not perform “cybersex” on the server. This includes the wiki itself, discussions forum, and Discord server.
3. Users are not permitted to share or promote Warez. This includes links or talk of illegal Mp3, Games, Movies and Software (e.g. hacks for unlimited keys and diamonds) or anything that is covered under international copyright laws.
- Expanding this law, users are also not permitted to share, promote, and ask for modded Choices games. This includes but is not limited to: modding a character from female to male or male to female; taking game assets (such as graphics) to create new games; substituting certain game assets for other game assets (e.g. female clothes for male clothes). Because Pixelberry is aware of this website -the Wiki/Fandom- and does not have any problems with its existence, we intend to keep it that way. Using Choices assets in ways that Pixelberry did not intend for them to be used would be in violation of Pixelberry's terms of service and copyright laws, and the Wiki cannot support that.
4. Users are not permitted to add content that has been illegally obtained through Pixelberry servers. This includes but is not limited to: spoilers about future books, plots, characters, and character designs. This also includes "hiding" these spoilers under the disguise of "theories".
5. Users shall not perform acts of hatred. This includes but is not limited to: racism, sexual discrimination, homophobic acts and other types of discrimination.
6. Users shall not use harsh language, especially those considered derogatory in nature including those involving genitalia or sexual references (for example, c*nt, sl*t, wh*re). We are aware that certain Choices stories use profanity such as the words "b*tch" and "a**hole", but while you as the player read that at your own discretion, the wiki fandom is a public website that minors under the age of 13 can access. We ask that you err on the side of caution.
- Inappropriate usernames are not allowed. This includes but is not limited to: names suggesting genitalia or any restricted and banned language that falls under the rules set above.
- Users will be issued two warnings depending on the severity of such language.
- Please censor sexual related content as there are players who use the Choices App who are under age.
1. Each user is allowed one and only one account. If you wish to switch to a new account, the previous account must be disabled here. If you wish to change your username, click here. Keep in mind that you are only allowed to change your username once per Fandom guidelines.
2. "Sockpuppeting" or using a second account to pretend to be someone else is strictly forbidden.
- If a user uses a second account to get around a block/ban, their original ban will be extended to an infinite ban.
- If a blocked user wishes to speak to an admin, please contact them through Community Central. Your ban is specific to this wiki and you will be able to use your original account to send messages. Do NOT create a new account to speak to an admin.
- The blocked user must speak to the admin who blocked him/her. Please do not ask a second or third admin to remove a block that was set by the first admin. They will not remove a block and your block may be extended by your attempt to "get around it".
3. Article comments and blogs are for constructive discussion, not for back-and-forth bickering. Please refer to appropriate language vs inappropriate language below.
4. Please do not solicit other users for money or merchandise.
1. Invite everyone you know that is just willing to help out here! We need the support!
2. Be careful about giving personal information (such as your exact location, age, banking information, your wiki account password, or where and how you spend your free time or pictures of yourself).
- Users who ask for such information will have their posts deleted.
3. Think about what you're writing before you comment. Make sure what you're saying doesn't negatively affect people's emotions. If you ask yourself "might this comment offend or hurt anyone's feelings and end up crossing the line?" and your answer is "yes", then you definitely need to think twice before posting.
- Users' comments that are found to be in poor taste or violate the above listed Federal Laws are subjected to deletion and/or the users will be issued warnings. Users with repeat offenses may be subjected to bans.
Editing on the Wiki:
When editing on the wiki, it is assumed that you are either (1) adding new content, (2) modifying existing content, or (3) removing content that was true in the past but no longer pertains to the page in question. If you are "editing for the sake of editing", your actions may constitute as "Badge Fraud" and you will be issued warnings and/or be banned.
1. Please use American English. Since Pixelberry is based in California and Choices stories are written using American English, slang, and idioms, please do not use British English when editing and/or adding to pages.
- Please refrain from using informal language and opinions in Character Pages. Think of the wiki like an "encyclopedia" with facts taken from Choices stories. Instead of writing "he is a jerk", instead write "he was rude to ABC" or "he is arrogant".
2. When making a large edit to a page (for example, an edit consisting of more than 500 characters), please provide a small summary of the edit.
- If an edit is actually "reversing" what another user added or removed and that edit requires multiple steps, please contact a moderator or admin. Otherwise, it may be incomplete and if we aren't aware of the situation, we will rollback the page and your edits will be lost.
- If you find your edit has been reversed, please do not redo it. Please contact the user who reversed your edit. Most of the times, it is a moderator, admin, or an older editor. We don't want an "edit war" (where two users keep undoing and redoing their edits). Character Pages and Book Pages have official structural guidelines, while other pages have unofficial structural guidelines to keep them "uniform". Frequent editors will be able to explain and help you if you ask.
3. Only add appropriate categories to pages. Adding random categories will be classed as spam or badge fraud and will result in a block depending on the severity. Do not create new categories without speaking to a moderator or admin first.
4. Do not add titles for upcoming chapters to Walkthroughs until the chapter has actually been released, as that may be cause for confusion to other users.
5. When adding pictures, please rename your pictures to include descriptive words about what the picture is: such as abbreviated book title / name of character / face model / clothes and/or item / background. For example, "TRR2 Liam f2 tuxedo.jpg" is more appropriate than "Screenshot101918-937234.jpg".
- If you have a better picture (that is, bigger and better resolution) than a current picture in the gallery and wish to replace it, please edit the current picture and replace it rather than uploading a brand new picture. That way it retains the filename and all pages that use the picture do not have to be edited. If your picture has a different file extension (e.g. .jpg vs .png) and you are unsure how to change your file extension, please contact a moderator, admin, or frequent editor and we can provide assistance.
6. Inserting false or unconfirmed information is not allowed.
- Reliable sources are Pixelberry's various official social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Tumblr), posts from the Pixelberry Staff themselves (i.e. pictures, videos, tweets etc.) or the Choices App itself. (see verifiability)
- Unreliable sources are i.e. fan accounts that contain fanmade Instagram pictures or tweets + snapchats + videos that are not from either Pixelberry or their writers.
7. Vandalizing pages will result in a warning. Two warnings will be given before a one week ban or more is enforced.
- Vandalism includes removing content from pages, adding false information, adding inappropriate content, adding random content solely made just to ruin a page, creating a page that has a non-Choices-related subject matter.
8. For Promos and Sneak Peeks: do not upload videos from other channels of YouTube that are not associated with Pixelberry. While fan-made channels can have fan-made content and can be edited to their heart's desire, here on the Wiki we try to keep everything official as a Choices database.
Warnings / Bans:
If an administrator or moderator leaves a message on your message wall, please do not delete said message. If you do, you may be subject to being banned / blocked as this proves you have not read these policies and do not care about the rules.
1. Inserting false information into pages will result in two warnings. On the third offense, the user will be banned anywhere from 1 week to 6 months.
- For minor offenses (3-6 pages affected), the block will range 1 week to 1 month.
- For major offenses (6+ pages affected), the block will range 1 month to 6 months.
2. Spamming (including but not limited to: repeating messages over and over, making numerous pointless comments, advertising a business or website, etc) can earn you up to a permanent ban depending on how much and what you “spammed”.
- Two warnings will be given before a one week ban from the wiki. If spamming continues after the week, the ban will double to 2 weeks, then 4 weeks and so on.
- Swearing is allowed to a degree, but please keep Federal Law #5 in mind. If you must swear, use asterisks to replace vowels, abbreviate (for example, WTF?), or try to soften the words (for example, Fu-- fudgesicles!).
- If however you are using profanity to bully other user(s), two warnings will be given before a 1+ week ban from the wiki depending on the severity. If swearing continues, the ban will triple every time and will lead eventually to a permanent ban.
- Insulting users is inappropriate and one warning will be given before a 1 week or more depending on the severity of the insult will be issued.
- Harassing or threatening another user (especially regarding one’s race, gender, nationality, religion or orientation) is inappropriate and will result in a one month ban at first. If this type of behavior continues, then the user will be subjected to longer block.
- Inappropriate usernames are not allowed. This includes but is not limited to: names suggesting genitalia or any restricted and banned language that falls under Federal Law #5.
4. Editing or deleting another user’s profile page without their permission is inappropriate and will result in a 1 to 3 week ban, depending on what was written.
5. Sexually explicit images, videos or comments can get you banned anywhere from one month to a permanent ban. (depends on what time the admins see fit)
6. Photo-shopped images and fan art are not allowed on wiki pages. They are only allowed on your personal profile page, your blogs and the discussion forum.
7. If you are banned and you harass the admins on other wikis regarding your ban on this wiki, your ban time will double the more you harass. Constantly harassing admins will result in them contacting the wiki staff and could lead to a permanent ban.
- For neutral ground, contact them at: Fandom: Community Central Wiki.
8. Anybody caught spying on Discord for another wiki will be banned immediately.
- If you join Discord, you will be expected to talk, as many people have come just to cause problems such as screencapping other users and collecting information without joining the main conversation. This is called lurking. If you are not talking for hours, it makes others uncomfortable and feel unsafe, and you will be kicked and/or banned immediately. Don't feel scared to join in the conversation! Everybody is welcome!
9. When a user "trolls" in attempt to attack or damage the reputation of another user, the "troll" will be banned from the wiki for 1 to 2 weeks. Each time the rule is broken, the ban will double in length.
- Trolls who attempt to damage the wiki (i.e. the deliberate removal of content from numerous pages, posting grotesque pictures etc.) or one of its members (this includes but is not restricted to personal attacks and any act of defamation, direct or indirect) will get banned indefinitely.
10. Do not flood the chat (for example, typing one letter per line) as it makes it difficult for other users to have a conversation.
11. Bashing of any kind will not be tolerated. This includes talking bad about or name calling Pixelberry, its staff, writers, producers, characters, etc. There is a difference between constructive criticism and hating just to hate.
- For first time offenders, a 1 to 2 week block will be given. This is at an admin's discretion as the amount of time depends on the severity of the bashing.
12. Do not start any shipping wars, and try to stay out of them. If you see a shipping war going on, you should report it to an administrator and let us deal with the problem. If you implicate yourself, you might get unfairly blocked as you would be a part of the issue.
- A shipping war is defined as going to a character's page and bashing said character, saying other love interests are better, etc. Each character, book, and series has their own fanbase, so please try to avoid being rude to others who don't share the same views as you.
Do not delete messages and/or warnings by moderators or admins left for you on your Message Wall.
This wiki contains Achievements as a virtual "reward" system for its editors. Some users are more competitive than others, some simply don't care about the "badge" placed on their profiles. Whatever your feelings are towards the badges, keep in mind that attempting to earn a badge under false pretenses is prohibited and is considered "badge fraud". This includes but is not limited to:
- Creating a New Category
- Editing a page and adding/removing one letter or punctuation
- Spamming the comments section of a page
Commenting on the Wiki, Discussions, and Discord:
1. Do not post in all capital letters. It is common netiquette as ALL CAPS equals YELLING or SHOUTING. This may also be seen as intimidating behavior if directed at someone, and can be annoying to others.
- Three warnings will be given before a 1 week ban is given.
1.1. Avoid excessive spacing for "dramatic effect".
2. With PB's changes to the VIP/Early Access feature, the VIP category has to be used for Discussions posts featuring any and all content from books that fall under said VIP/Early Access mantle. This also includes fan-art, polls, memes, etc. or any questions you want to ask in regard to the plot of those books.
- One warning will be given before a one week block is issused.
3. We all love our ships, we all hate some ships, but in order to keep peace in the Wiki comment sections, please keep any negative comments about a ship to yourself, and take it to your Blog. Everyone on this wiki has the right to make a blog, and they tend to be more private than the comment sections.
- If you see a ship war going on, instead of joining in and thereby implicating yourself, let an admin know and we'll clear the whole thing up.
4. Please try and limit the negativity in the book's comment section when you don't like something. Instead, take it to your blog. You can create a blog by going to your user profile, clicking on the "blog" tab, and then clicking on the button "+ Create Blog Post".
5. There are people who come to this site and end up causing conflict with other members. Whether or not they're trolls or just excessively negative to any character or ship, a blog is a handy tool to avoid public conflict, and you can even disable comments on your own blog.
6. Fanart / fan creation. You are allowed to post others' fanart/fanfic as long as you credit the user who created it. If the artist has a "do not repost" tag on their creation, please respect it and do not post it.
7. The mental health of Fandom users at this wiki is of the utmost importance to us. As a result, any joking in regards to self-harm or the like will not be tolerated, as it's not something that should be taken lightly or used as a joke. Please refrain from using "trigger words" suggesting harm to others as well. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need to talk, and if you're in the U.S. you can also to talk to a counselor 24/7 at 1-800-273-8255 for the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. If you are not in the U.S., crisis lines around the world are listed in the other links.
8. Further Discord Server Guidelines can be found here.