Cassandra has brown eyes and long, black hair. She has pale skin and wears dark lipstick. She wears a green dress and long earrings.
Cassandra is a generous and helpful person and has not let fame and fortune go to her head. She has done many philanthropic activities outside of her acting career and is training to be a pilot.
- Chapter 5: Devil in the Dark
- Chapter 6: After Hours
- Chapter 10: LARA
- Chapter 11: Hot Pursuit
- Chapter 14: Terminal Velocity
- Chapter 15: Arrivals and Departures
- Chapter 13: California Dreaming
- Chapter 13: U Got it Bad
- Chapter 11: Hearts Wild
- Chapter 7: Le Voyage dans la Lune
- Chapter 8: Artistic License
- Chapter 10: Going Public (Determinant)
- Chapter 9: Calling the Shots (Determinant)
- Chapter 1: I Can Only Imagine
- Chapter 10: High and Low Tides (Determinant)
- Chapter 11: Escape to LA
- Chapter 12: The Show Must Go On
Cassandra and Dave are grade school friends and they grew up together in Vermont Square in South L.A. Even after Cassandra became a famous actress and Dave a detective, they stayed friends.
Sam stays at Cassandra's place during the events of the book and is a big fan of her work, not just as an actress but also as a philanthropist. Cassandra comes to like and respect her and they become friends.
While her opinion of Hayley Rose isn't initially negative, Cassandra is well aware that Hayley's talent at singing doesn't translate all that well to acting. At the LA.R.A. gala, she badmouths Hayley by describing her as "a nightmare on set" and suggesting that Hayley's only contribution to the film is to attract teenage viewers.
Despite her low opinion of Hayley's acting abilties and personality, Cassandra remains classy and professional while working directly with Hayley. Unaware of Hayley's complicity in her father crimes, Cassandra even tries to protect her by holding her back and preventing her from trying to reason with him during his rampage at the studio.
It's not clear whether Cassandra is actually friends with Ryan Summers, but she gets on with him well enough both on and off the set, likely due to their shared fondness for Dave and tendency to work together as co-stars.
Cassandra seemed to enjoy filming the adaptation of James's play and is happy to meet Your Character. She does not seem to have particularly strong feelings about all the changes being made to James' work, though she admits that there are rather a lot.
She starred alongside with Victoria in The Warmest Winter, where the two played lovers.
- The name Cassandra is of Greek origin and means "the one who shines and excels over man". The name Leigh is of English and Hebrew origin and means "delicate" or "meadow".
- She shares the same first name as Cassandra Taylor from Baby Bump, Book 1.
- She bears a resemblance to Canadian actress Sandra Oh.
- The scene where she and Ryan appear on screen for James' movie in The Sophomore, Book 2, Chapter 13 seems to be paying homage to a scene featuring the characters of Rhett Butler and Scarlett O'Hara from the 1939 American epic historical romance film, Gone with the Wind.
- A premium scene of Rules of Engagement, Book 3, Chapter 7, reveals that when Cassandra and Ryan worked on a thriller together, Cassandra pulled pranks on him. She told the costume designer to add shoulder pads to all of his outfits and he spent the rest of the time proving he had "manly" shoulders, even insisting on a shirtless scene.
- One of her movies with Ryan Summers, A Timeless Heart is mentioned in Sunkissed, Chapter 10, in a premium scene. Her role was Scarlett.
- Cassandra makes cameo appearances in other series (non-determinant chapter appearances listed above):
- She is four hours away from getting her pilote's license and therefore able to fly the plane after the pilot gets injured.
- She has a similar appearance to Bridget Zhou