Across the Void is the first and only book of the Across the Void series.
- 1 Summary
- 2 Chapters
- 2.1 Chapter 1: Sky Captain
- 2.2 Chapter 2: The Atlas
- 2.3 Chapter 3: Meet The Passengers
- 2.4 Chapter 4: Among the Crew
- 2.5 Chapter 5: Distress Call
- 2.6 Chapter 6: Art of Interrogation
- 2.7 Chapter 7: Mark of the Lektra
- 2.8 Chapter 8: Stowaway
- 2.9 Chapter 9: Cross-Examination
- 2.10 Chapter 10: A Little Party Never Killed Nobody
- 2.11 Chapter 11: Under the Mask
- 2.12 Chapter 12: Last of the Assassins
- 2.13 Chapter 13: The Capital
- 2.14 Chapter 14: Under Fire
- 2.15 Chapter 15: Library of Souls
- 2.16 Chapter 16: Espionage
- 2.17 Chapter 17: Fallout
- 2.18 Chapter 18: Marshalls
- 2.19 Chapter 19: Breaking Point
- 2.20 Chapter 20: Rogue Planet
- 2.21 Chapter 21: Homeworld
- 2.22 Chapter 22: Sanctum
- 3 Endings
- 4 Gallery
- 5 Promotional Videos
- 6 Spoilers
- 7 Trivia
- 8 References
You're the new captain of a luxury space liner, and it's your job to make sure your passengers cross the galaxy safely -- in the middle of a galactic civil war! This romantic space opera is like nothing you've experienced!
Chapter 1: Sky Captain
Can you navigate the stars, love, and a galactic civil war as the captain of a luxury spaceship? Or will your meddlesome siblings get in your way?
Chapter 2: The Atlas
A tour of your ship reveals its beauty, but even with its grand size your siblings can't seem to stop causing chaos...
Chapter 3: Meet The Passengers
When your passengers come to you with problems, can your siblings help you solve them?
Chapter 4: Among the Crew
A meeting with the rest of the crew proves that winning them over may be harder than you thought...
Chapter 5: Distress Call
An unmarked ship is calling for help! But who... or what will you discover inside?
Chapter 6: Art of Interrogation
The pilot is awake! But what secrets is she hiding?
Chapter 7: Mark of the Lektra
An emergency landing allows you to uncover the secrets of a desert world.
Chapter 8: Stowaway
Chapter 9: Cross-Examination
A surprise inspection forces you to make a tough decision.
Chapter 10: A Little Party Never Killed Nobody
When tensions run high on the Atlas, you throw an impromptu party!
Chapter 11: Under the Mask
The Atlas is under attack! Can you save the ones you love?
Chapter 12: Last of the Assassins
As the battle rages on, you fight to reclaim the Atlas.
Chapter 13: The Capital
The glittering capital planet of Matara awaits you and your crew!
Chapter 14: Under Fire
With the city being bombed around you, who will make it out alive?
Chapter 15: Library of Souls
The answers you seek await you in the Library of Souls...
Chapter 16: Espionage
While you prepare the Atlas for royalty, Pax's allegiance is tested.
Chapter 17: Fallout
With a crew member seriously injured, things take a turn for the worse.
Chapter 18: Marshalls
A run-in with the Void has unforeseen consequences.
Chapter 19: Breaking Point
The Void have taken prisoners! Can you rescue them before it's too late?
Chapter 20: Rogue Planet
Will your rescue mission prove successful? Or will you be forced to leave someone behind?
Chapter 21: Homeworld
Cyber reveals an unexpected secret. But will the truth break your heart?
Chapter 22: Sanctum
The fate of the galaxy rests in your hands.
Jura Ending: You can choose to end the book by assigning Astral Charges to the Jura, so they win the war. The astral charges will allow one side to make it out of the war and into the Sanctum. The Jura will use the charges to first destroy the Sanctum and then destroy the Vanguard warships. If you chose this ending, Main Character has the option to promise his/her LI to stay with him/her for good. Main character joins the Jura (or re-affirms their alliance - you can make a final decision on your alliance), calls the Jura ship and assigns the charges as they shoot out in two different directions. The Jura ship then flies towards the Sanctum and splits its crew and the charges with another Jura ship. The book ends with the ship blending into a bright light show, before being consumed by white.
Vanguard Ending: You can choose to end the book by assigning Astral Charges to the Vanguard, so they win the war. The astral charges will allow one side to make it out of the war and into the Sanctum. The Vanguard will use the charges to first destroy the Sanctum and then destroy the Jura warships. If you chose this ending, Main Character has the option to promise his/her LI to stay with him/her for good. Main character joins the Vanguard (or re-affirms their alliance - you can make a final decision on your alliance), calls the Vanguard ship and assigns the charges as they shoot out in two different directions. The Vanguard ship then flies towards the Sanctum and splits its crew and the charges with another Vanguard ship. The book ends with the ship blending into a bright light show, before being consumed by white.
Peace Ending: Main Character has the option to promise his/her LI to stay with him/her for good. When asked who Main Character wants to hand the charges to, you can choose both the Vanguard and the Jura, to ensure peace. Main Character notes that the only way both sides can be trusted is if they are both given charges. Main Character worries that if one side was given the charges, the other might become an enemy and turn to vengeance. Main Character activates the charges, and notes that everything seems to be going peaceful. The senator prepares documents for all to sign while noting that the galaxy finally has peace. The book ends as you watch the Sanctum, the Void ship, become consumed by a colorful light show.
Sacrifice Ending: Instead of sending the astral charges to one side, Main Character takes them in the Atlas and sacrifices him-/herself by flying them into the Sanctum. S/He does this because s/he believes that both sides would destroy each other with the charges. If s/he has an LI, s/he gets to tell him/her one final goodbye. To save his/her life, Main Character will knock him/her out right after their final declaration of love and send him/her off into an escape pod. Main Character calls the senator and asks for her to make sure the Jura and the Vanguard to lay down their arms and live a peaceful life. Lyra swears she will have peace and that your sacrifice will bring the galaxy together. Main Character says one final goodbye to his/her siblings while telling them to be there for each other, and whispers goodbye as s/he drives the ship into the Sanctum, as it explodes in a colorful light show, ending the book.
Pre-Book Sneak Peeks & Information
Locations featured in Across the Void
- On July 30, 2018, a sneak peek of the book cover alongside Big Sky Country, Book 1 was revealed with a summary of the book as well. 
- On this same day, it was confirmed that you can play as Male or Female in this book. 
- On August 1, 2018, the first sneak peek was released.
- On August 6, 2018, Pixelberry teased via an Instagram story that there would be more sneaks peeks of Across the Void coming at the time soon.
- On August 7, 2018, it was confirmed that Across the Void was set to be released on August 20, 2018.
- On August 9, 2018, a second sneak peek was released of what appeared to be a futuristic city and at the bottom of the sneak peeks the words: Experience where the universe comes together. 
- On August 10, 2018, a 46 second book trailer was released.
- On August 12, 2018, a character bio for Sol, the First Officer to your Captain, was released.
- On August 14, 2018, a character bio for Titania, the pilot in Your Character's Spaceship, was released.
- On August 15, 2018, a character bio for Meridian, the medic, was released.
- The summaries for Chapters 1 & 2 were revealed on the same day, while also confirming it was meant to be a series with 'Book 1' on the title.
- On August 16, 2018, a character bio for Kepler, the security officer, was released.
- On August 17, 2018, the final trailer was released, this one asking the player which side of the galactic civil war they'd be joining.
- On August 20, the writers in charge of this book gave away a few spoilers.:
- In Across the Void, you are allowed to play as the Main Character, as well as your siblings Eos Elara and Pax Elara. These three siblings are all part of an alien race called the Cyber, the most technologically advanced race in the galaxy, whose genetically designed bodies have been fused with biotechnology.
- Players are to captain their own luxury transport ship, defend the galaxy as a keeper of the peace, and act as a spy in the civil war.
- Across the Void takes place in a human-free universe! You can date aliens from all over our galaxy, from royalty with flowers growing through their hair to admirals with stars on their skin.
- There are over a dozen different alien races readers would encounter in Across the Void! Each has a different look, style, and comprehensive history of their planet and society.
- Along with playing as the main character and his/her siblings (who each have their own set of love interests!), you get to choose which side of the galactic war you want to be part of.
- As the story continues, players gain allegiance points for either side when making key decisions.
- When it comes to the music, the writers had a lot of themes they wanted to hit, such as the war, the sense of discovery, and moments of lighthearted fun.
- It was also revealed that this book is definitely inspired by the Mass Effect Trilogy, and other works such as Kyle XY, District 9 and some of Philip K. Dick's writings.
- On September 24, 2018, PB hosted a party for September birthdays and to celebrate their recent releases.
- On November 5, 2018, PB announced that after Chapter 13, the book would be going on hiatus.
- When asked about the book on November 26, 2018, PB confirmed that the book was still on a mid-book break at the time.
- On November 30, 2018, PB released a blog post that answered several recurring FAQ; among them was the reveal that ATV wouldn't come back until Spring 2019.
- On February 8, 2019, PB teased the interstellar return of this book, thereby implying it's sooner rather than later.
- On February 22, 2019, PB revealed that the book would be coming back from its hiatus in March 2019.
- On February 28, 2019, PB released a sneak peek for Chapter 14.
- On March 5, 2019, PB released a second sneak peek for Chapter 14 and announced that it would return on Monday, March 18, 2019.
- On March 15, 2019, PB released a third sneak peek for Chapter 14 ahead of its return.
- On May 10, 2019, PB released a sneak peek for Chapter 22 and confirmed it would be this book's finale.
- On May 13, 2019, PB confirmed via Twitter that Across the Void is a standalone.
- Despite it originally having "Book 1" in its title, this is one of the 25 standalone books in Choices. These are A Courtesan of Rome, Across the Void, A Very Scandalous Proposal, Bachelorette Party, Distant Shores, Foreign Affairs, Hero, Home for the Holidays, Hot Couture, My Two First Loves, Most Wanted, Nightbound, Passport to Romance, Platinum, Ride-or-Die, Rising Tides, Save the Date, Sunkissed, The Haunting of Braidwood Manor, The Heist: Monaco, The Royal Masquerade,Veil of Secrets, Wishful Thinking, With Every Heartbeat and Witness: A Bodyguard Romance.
- Many characters in this story have astronomy-related names. For example, Sol is the Latin, Spanish, Portuguese, and Catalan name for the sun.
- This was the third book that gives you the option to wear a hat. The other two are Home for the Holidays and Desire & Decorum, Book 1.
- Chapter 15 references both Endless Summer and Hero. Specifically, it mentions Vaanu crashlanding on Earth and creating La Huerta, as well as Prism Crystal, the artifact that gives people superhuman abilities.
- Eventually, the Chapter 16 summary was fixed to say 'you' instead of 'Nova'.
- Chapter 19 issued a content warning due to scenes related to torture and violence.
- With 22 chapters, this used to be the longest book in the game, along with The Royal Romance, Book 3. It is surpassed by My Two First Loves with 38+ chapters and Witness: A Bodyguard Romance with 28 chapters.
- This is the first Choices book to be set many years in the future.
- In a premium scene of Perfect Match, Book 2, Chapter 13, Sloane will make a reference of the series if you bet the story she wrote is space travel.
- Chapter 14 shares the same title as Rules of Engagement, Book 1, Chapter 11, "Under Fire".
Click here for the walkthrough of this book: Across the Void Choices.